All this power and nothing to use it for

Now that I know Ruby on Rails adequately, I find myself without a single idea for a project. I even googled for people looking for volunteers for their projects. I just want to get something out there, but I can't think of anything significant.

I pondered a social networking site. There's already about a hundred of them, why not make another?

I've got too much time on my hands.

Just be sure to use it for good, and not evil :wink:

Hi --

Perhaps make a google maps mashup that cross references FBI missing persons reports with a geographical context.

I don't know how usable the FBI database is, but if its any way usable, this strikes me as being a good candidate for a project.

I’m on the other side of this, I have so many app ideas and no time to do them! I get about 3 hours per week to do rails and they are my favorite work hours. I am planning on doing a new application every semester as a demo for my students. They check it out of my svn repository and look it over every week. Eventually, I might run out of ideas, but I doubt it.

-Eric

Well just give me one of your ideas :slight_smile:

Are you serious about volunteering? I am trying to learn RoR and have too much work. I would be profoundly grateful for a mentor.

:slight_smile: Jee

Yeahh, me too. I am working on my master thesis and I'm terribly afraid of starting implement in Ror. I have worked in the state of the art, in analysis and design for 6 months...but...now... uf... It would be great to know there is someone out there willing to answer my incoming questions :smiley:

Check out my other topic, you might be interested!

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/browse_thread/thread/a52b68f75107cb65

Jee