[Ajax] link_to remote with method POST or DELETE

Hi! I'm developing a test application, just to experiment a little bit with ajax. Right now I only have a Company model with the attributes name:string, description:text and voted:boolean. What I'm trying to do is: in company#index show a "vote" link to vote a company; after the company has been voted the link should be replaced by an "unvote" link to unvote it and so on (after unvoting replace with "vote", etc.). From what I have read so far I expect the following code to work just fine:

## app/controllers/companies_controller.rb class CompaniesController < ApplicationController   before_filter :retrieve_company, :only => [:vote, :unvote]

def index     @companies = Company.all   end

def vote     @company.update_attributes :voted => true   end

def unvote     @company.update_attributes :voted => false     respond_to do |format|       format.js { render "vote" }     end   end

private     def retrieve_company       @company = Company.find(params[:id])     end end

## app/helpers/companies_helper.rb module CompaniesHelper   def vote_link_for(company)     if company.voted?       link_to "Unvote", unvote_company_path(company), :id => "vote_link", :remote => true, :method => "delete"     else       link_to "Vote", vote_company_path(company), :id => "vote_link", :remote => true, :method => "post"     end   end end

## app/views/companies/vote.js.erb $("#vote_link").html("<%= vote_link_for(@company) %>")

## app/views/companies/_company.html.haml %tr   %td= company.name   %td= company.description   %td= vote_link_for(company)

## config/routes.rb [...] root :to => "companies#index" resources :companies do   member do     post :vote     delete :unvote   end end

The problem is that the server receives GET requests instead of POST and DELETE:

Started GET "/companies/1/vote" for 127.0.0.1 at 2011-03-06 22:27:37 +0100

So I receive a Routing Error because I don't have any GET route for :vote and :unvote. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time and help.

Hi! I'm developing a test application, just to experiment a little bit with ajax. Right now I only have a Company model with the attributes name:string, description:text and voted:boolean. What I'm trying to do is: in company#index show a "vote" link to vote a company; after the company has been voted the link should be replaced by an "unvote" link to unvote it and so on (after unvoting replace with "vote", etc.). From what I have read so far I expect the following code to work just fine:

Is your page loading the appropriate version of rails.js

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #985822:

Is your page loading the appropriate version of rails.js

I think so. I'm using the jquery-ujs one and the produced output of my page's head is:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.min.js&quot; type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/javascripts/rails.js?1299441487" type="text/javascript"></script> <meta name="csrf-param" content="authenticity_token"/> <meta name="csrf-token" content="mkOZ4niIW7oNzBZuuc11VWzdsO21HINFpjLg+EyPUOY="/>

So it looks like everything should be fine.

Did you overwrite rails.js when installing jquery-ujs? (see https://github.com/rails/jquery-ujs "Installation")