ActiveResource connection.post custom headers

I am consuming a restful resource from a remote system that requires a custom header to post. I'm using something along these lines

input = {"bodyvalue1" => "one","bodyvalue2" => "two","bodyvalue3" => "three","bodyvalue4" => "four"} body = input.to_param headers["X-TheRequiredApplicationKey"] = "ThisIsAReallyGreatApplicationKey" headers["X-TheRequiredUserKey"] = "ThisIsAReallyGreatUserKey" uri = "/users/1234/store/orders"

resp = connection.post(uri,body,headers)

I'm not sure, but I suspect that the way that headers are handled for connection.post aren't working they way they should.

Hi Ben, I guess you are going to create an order on the remote service, why don't you use ActiveResource in the following way?

class Order < ActiveResource::Base    self.site = "http://api.example.com"

headers["X-TheRequiredApplicationKey"] = "ThisIsAReallyGreatApplicationKey"    headers["X-TheRequiredUserKey"] = "ThisIsAReallyGreatUserKey" end

order = Order.create(...)

Luca

I'll try that out. It looks like I may have a design flaw because I have that code in an unrelated model. I'll move the method into an Order model instead of the User model where it is now (User.place_order) - still learning both the code and the methodology. I'll repost after I've moved things around. Thanks for the input, Ben