ActiveRecord subclass with manual DB connection can’t directly access column variables.

Hi All,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my Rails models. It's nothing I can't work around (as I've already done so), but I'm interested in the actual issue.

Basically, I have an ActiveRecord-based class named "Events" that I've connected to a remote database using "establish_connection". It all works fine and I can even perform an "Event.find(:all)". However, I am unable to use any of the convenience (column_name) methods. I am forced to do something like the following:

for each event in Event.find(:all)   puts event["Point"]   puts event["Timestamp"] end ...instead of

for each event in Event.find(:all)    puts event.point    puts event.timestamp end FYI, when I generated the model I only ran "script/generate model event" and absolutely nothing else. I then used "establish_connection" and "set_table" inside the model in order to get a connection. Besides that I've done nothing. Again, querying works, but I don't get my convenience access.

Ideas?

Best.

Hi All,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my Rails models. It's nothing I can't work around (as I've already done so), but I'm interested in the actual issue.

Basically, I have an ActiveRecord-based class named "Events" that I've connected to a remote database using "establish_connection". It all works fine and I can even perform an "Event.find(:all)". However, I am unable to use any of the convenience (column_name) methods. I am forced to do something like the following:

for each event in Event.find(:all) puts event["Point"] puts event["Timestamp"] end ...instead of

for each event in Event.find(:all) puts event.point puts event.timestamp

Are the table column names uppercased ?

Fred

Wow, that was absolutely it. Thanks so much!