active_record issues following upgrade to rails 1.1.6

hello,

controller code that was working fine prior to the upgrade...

@foo = Foo.find( @params[ :id ] )     @bar = Bar.find( @foo.id_bar )

...is now throwing following error messages...

ArgumentError (wrong number of arguments (2 for 1)):     /usr/.../activerecord-1.14.4/lib/active_record/base.rb:941:in `find_one'     /usr/.../activerecord-1.14.4/lib/active_record/base.rb:941:in `find_from_ids'     /usr/.../activerecord-1.14.4/lib/active_record/base.rb:382:in `find'

All I'm trying to do is fetch a row from the db & refer to columnar data from that row (both in the controller & in the view). My current workaround (ugly) is to use the :all & :conditions switches for the find method, and then iterate over @foo to set variables as needed for columnar data. Real ugly.

What am I missing here? Bit of a newbie, so apologies in advance if it's painfully obvious.

Cheers,

-ian

Ian Van Hoven wrote:

controller code that was working fine prior to the upgrade...

@foo = Foo.find( @params[ :id ] )     @bar = Bar.find( @foo.id_bar )

...is now throwing following error messages...

ArgumentError (wrong number of arguments (2 for 1)):     /usr/.../activerecord-1.14.4/lib/active_record/base.rb:941:in `find_one'     /usr/.../activerecord-1.14.4/lib/active_record/base.rb:941:in `find_from_ids'     /usr/.../activerecord-1.14.4/lib/active_record/base.rb:382:in `find'

Have you defined your own one-parameter find_one method in your model? If so, rename.

A suggestion - I don't know if this will fix the snippet - but @params is deprecated. You should be using just params, without the instance var (@) prefix.

See: http://glu.ttono.us/articles/2006/08/30/guide-things-you-shouldnt-be-doing-in-rails