ActionMailer rhtml in deep file hierarchy bad?

I have a big project I am working on, and like to use file hierarchy conventions to keep portions of the system separated. I ran the following command:

bojo@boji:~/Development/rails/ims$ ruby script/generate mailer work/ mail/notifier       create app/models/work/mail       create app/views/work/mail/notifier       create test/unit/work/mail       create test/fixtures/work/mail/notifier       create app/models/work/mail/notifier.rb       create test/unit/work/mail/notifier_test.rb

Added a method to my model:

class Work::Mail::Notifier < ActionMailer::Base

def project_notification(user)         recipients user[:email]         from "ims@example.com"         subject "Test Mail"         # body "user" => user         body "Test Mail Body"     end

end

And called it from a controller:

Work::Mail::Notifier.deliver_project_notification(params[:project] [:user_id])

This all works fine without calling an actual .rhtml template. However, when I replaced the body method with something that passes instance variables, I get the following error:

ActionView::ActionViewError (No rhtml, rxml, rjs or delegate template found for project_notification):     /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.5/lib/action_view/ base.rb:389:in `find_template_extension_for'     /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.5/lib/action_view/ base.rb:325:in `pick_template_extension'     /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.5/lib/action_view/ base.rb:240:in `render_file'     /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.12.5/lib/action_view/ base.rb:274:in `render'

(etc, etc, etc)

I do have a template located at:

app/views/work/mail/notifier/project_notification.rhtml

Am I missing something here, or is the ActionMailer not capable of referencing the .rhtml file right?

Thanks,

Brian Jones