Action Controller: Exception caught

Hello,

I am trying to this project to work but I ran into this issue, the project is from a book called Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional. It references stuff from Rails 1.0. I am still new at using Ruby and Rails. Thanks for any help.

NoMethodError in Admin/author#new

Showing C:/IS410/Programs/emporium/app/views/admin/author/_form.html.erb where line #1 raised:

undefined method `error_messages_for' for #<#<Class:0x40f6d10>:0x45784e0>

Extracted source (around line #1):

1: <%= error_messages_for 'author' %> 2: 3: <p><label for="author_first_name">First name</label><br/> 4: <%= text_field 'author', 'first_name' %></p>

Trace of template inclusion: app/views/admin/author/new.html.erb

Rails.root: C:/IS410/Programs/emporium Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace

app/views/admin/author/_form.html.erb:1:in `_app_views_admin_author__form_html_erb__297742407_30546288' app/views/admin/author/new.html.erb:4:in `_app_views_admin_author_new_html_erb__600623049_36434616'

Error messages for was removed in rails 3. It was extracted to a plugin, don't remember exactly what the plugin was called but it's in the rails GitHub repo. Rails has changed massively since 1.0 - I really would try and find some more up to date material to work from.

Fred.