2.2.3 tag and gem missing

Hi,

I've been asking around in IRC and looking around. It appears that while Ruby on Rails — XSS Vulnerability in Ruby on Rails specifically mentions 2.2.3, there isn't a tag for it, and nor is it available as a gem. This means that for those of us using gems on our production platforms, we're unable to upgrade.

Any ideas when or if this is going to be sorted?

Cheers,

Tom

Perhaps the easiest way to get around this is to just update to 2-2-stable. If your version of Rails is vendored, you could follow these instructions to freeze it to 2-2-stable (obviously replace 2-3-stable with 2-2-stable): http://help.hoptoadapp.com/faqs/troubleshooting-2/upgrading-to-the-latest-stable-rails

-Nick

This is one way. However, we don't vendor Rails. We keep it as a gem, managed by our server management platform.

I could build my own gem, but this then means what is effectively an unnecessary addition to the platform than just changing the required version.

It would make sense to me that if a version is announced, that there is an easy way to get that version.

This is one way. However, we don't vendor Rails. We keep it as a gem, managed by our server management platform.

I could build my own gem, but this then means what is effectively an unnecessary addition to the platform than just changing the required version.

It would make sense to me that if a version is announced, that there is an easy way to get that version.

We messed up here. I've pushed the tag now, gems should follow within 24 hours. If you wish to help us along there can you please fetch that tag and make sure everything works right in your application?