Why the app does not use the cached page.

I am working on a rails project based on rails 1.2.3 I write the routes.rb like this

map.connect '', :controller => "welcome", :action => 'index'

and I also set the caches_page for welcome/index

The cache page works well on my macbook. when the first visit the app creates the index.html in the public directory and use the cached index.html when the next visits come.

But when I deploy the app to my hostmonster's host the app does not use the cached page, it creates new index.html instead.

I don't know what's the differents between my computer and the host. Why the app does not use cached page.

By the way I also set the other caches_page they work well both on my computer and the host.

Any idea? Thanks.

I am working on a rails project based on rails 1.2.3 I write the routes.rb like this

map.connect '', :controller => "welcome", :action => 'index'

and I also set the caches_page for welcome/index

The cache page works well on my macbook. when the first visit the app creates the index.html in the public directory and use the cached index.html when the next visits come.

But when I deploy the app to my hostmonster's host the app does not use the cached page, it creates new index.html instead.

I don't know what's the differents between my computer and the host. Why the app does not use cached page.

By the way I also set the other caches_page they work well both on my computer and the host.

Any idea? Thanks.

Craig White wrote:

Craig White wrote: >> >> Thanks. > ---- > just guessing but the user that the web server runs as doesn't have > write permissions in 'public' to create the folder/file in order to > cache it. > > Craig

The cached page is already created but not used. so I don't think it's the permission problem.