why functional test does not get failure?

The test:

test "should get new" do     get :new, :room_id => @room.name     assert_template(:ne)   end

the template new does not exists but the test does not get failure. Why?

Add render_views

https://www.relishapp.com/rspec/rspec-rails/v/2-12/docs/controller-specs/render-views

Dheeraj Kumar

Is it only for rspec? I'm using unit testing.

You have assert_template(:ne), not (:new) so it is looking for the tempate ne. If that is just a typo in the posting here then please copy/paste the actual test. Often such problems are due to typos in the original code and by re-typing in the post the typo is removed (or different).

Are you sure it is running the test? What happens if you add assert(false) after the assert_template? Also what happens if you perform the 'new' action from a browser?

Colin

It was a typo. The test is:

test "should get new" do      get :new, :room_id => @room.name      assert_template(:ne) end

I'm sure template ne does not exist but I have no failures. If I add assert(false) then I have the failure. I don't undestand.

You did not answer my other question, what happens if you get that action in the browser?

Colin

The test:

test "should get new" do     get :new, :room_id => @room.name     assert_template(:ne)   end

You have assert_template(:ne), not (:new) so it is looking for the tempate ne. If that is just a typo in the posting here then please copy/paste the actual test. Often such problems are due to typos in the original code and by re-typing in the post the typo is removed (or different).

Are you sure it is running the test? What happens if you add assert(false) after the assert_template? Also what happens if you perform the 'new' action from a browser?

test "should get new" do      get :new, :room_id => @room.name      assert_template(:ne) end

I'm sure template ne does not exist but I have no failures. If I add assert(false) then I have the failure. I don't undestand.

You did not answer my other question, what happens if you get that action in the browser?

I wonder if it is this bug

If you use something like assert_template "something_that _it_should_not_be" does it fail?

Colin

Colin

If I do http://localhost:3000/rooms/stanza-1/reservations/ne

Couldn't find Reservation with id=ne

If in the test I do assert_template 'ne' or assert_template "ne" nothing change, I still have no failure. But the strange thing is: assert_template "nene" or assert_template :nene, then I have a failure. Really don't understand.

The test:

If I do http://localhost:3000/rooms/stanza-1/reservations/ne

Couldn't find Reservation with id=ne

If in the test I do assert_template 'ne' or assert_template "ne" nothing change, I still have no failure. But the strange thing is: assert_template "nene" or assert_template :nene, then I have a failure. Really don't understand.

Did you look at the bug I suggested, it looks like that is it.

Colin