Why can't I install ruby 3.1.2 in linux?

I tried:

if ! command -v ruby &> /dev/null
then
    # - proverbot's version
    # First, install Ruby, as that is for some reason required to build
    # the "system" project
#    git clone https://github.com/rbenv/ruby-build.git ~/ruby-build
#    mkdir -p ~/.local
#    PREFIX=~/.local ./ruby-build/install.sh
#    ~/.local/ruby-build 3.1.2 ~/.local/

# - u-pycoq's version
#    sudo apt-get install ruby-full
    sudo apt-get install rbenv
    rbenv init
    eval "$(rbenv init - bash)"
    echo 'eval "$(rbenv init - bash)"' >> ~/.bashrc

sudo apt-get install ruby-build
#    ruby-build 3.1.2
    rbenv install 3.1.2

rbenv global 3.1.2
    ruby -v

else
    echo "Error: failed to install ruby"
fi

but I get my ruby build is not up to date perhaps but when I install it – it is up to date. Therefore, why is the proverbot’s attempt 3.1.2 if it doesn’t exist?

inspired from: rails - How to install and use different versions of ruby? - Super User and How to install ruby 3.1.2 in an Ubuntu Docker container? - Stack Overflow

Hello Dear, There could be several reasons why you can’t install Ruby 3.1.2 on Linux. Some possible reasons include:

1. System requirements not met: Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for installing Ruby.
  2. Package not available: Check if the package for Ruby 3.1.2 is available for your Linux distribution.
  3. Dependency issues: Make sure all required dependencies are installed.
  4. Permission issues: Make sure you have sufficient permissions to install packages on your Linux system.
  5. Incorrect installation command: Double check the installation command for Ruby 3.1.2 and make sure it is correct.

It’s recommended to check the error message you received and troubleshoot based on that information. Then you will be fixed it soon.

You might also try the new “docked” setup. A docker images by the Rails team to get you up and running quickly.