Why am I onlu limited by the years from 2005-2015?

I have created a scaffold, part of which was dob:date

When I view my web page under DOB, I have only the years listed from 2005-2015. What should I do to enter older years?

Thanks.

When I view my web page under DOB, I have only the years listed from 2005-2015. What should I do to enter older years?

See the docs for date_select (even if it's a datetime_select the same options work). Specifically:

:start_year - Set the start year for the year select. Default is Time.now.year - 5. :end_year - Set the end year for the year select. Default is Time.now.year + 5.

Philip Hallstrom wrote:

See the docs for date_select (even if it's a datetime_select the same options work). Specifically:

:start_year - Set the start year for the year select. Default is Time.now.year - 5. :end_year - Set the end year for the year select. Default is Time.now.year + 5.

Thanks Philip.

I'm actually new to RoR. Where can I make this change?

Thanks.

In the view file. Find the file that has the form and then look for date_select and add the options...

Philip Hallstrom wrote:

Right. And one of those .html.erb files will have the field you want...

Philip Hallstrom wrote:

In the view file. Find the file that has the form and then look for date_select and add the options...

If you mean the "views" folder, there is nothing actually on it. Just *.html.erb

Right. And one of those .html.erb files will have the field you want...

I found the date_select, but got the following error. Any ideas?

compile error /Users/abder/Desktop/RoR projects/student_info/app/views/students/new.html.erb:16: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ')' ...year=>1950, :end_year=>2010) :dob ).to_s); @output_buffer.co...

Extracted source (around line #16):

13: </p> 14: <p> 15: <%= f.label :dob %><br /> 16: <%= f.date_select(:start_year=>1950, :end_year=>2010) :dob %> 17: </p> 18: <p> 19: <%= f.label :major %><br />

Thanks.

you'll need the object and method,

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Helpers/DateHelper.html#M002264

kind regards -botp

botp wrote: