which plugin useful for facebook API?

Hi,   I am integrating a facebook with my application. I am using plugin "rfacebook" for that. I read that there is also one more plugin is availabe which is "facebooker". Which should I use? and why?

Thanks, Tushar.

Hi,

I am integrating a facebook with my application. I am using plugin

“rfacebook”

for that. I read that there is also one more plugin is availabe which is

“facebooker”. Which should I use? and why?

Thanks,

Tushar.

Hi, this was found by easily going to the facebook developer site:

http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Ruby_on_Rails

Good luck,

-Conrad

That doesn't appear to answer his question, which I am interested in also.

Just to tell you off: when people post to newsgroups it is quite wrong to presume they haven't had a lookaround. Of course it is true that they may not have, but an up to date opinion is what one uses discussion forums for so that is irrelevant anyway. Even FAQ's can't provide that. It is even worse to post a link that doesn't then answer the question, and to imply the OP is being lazy (which I reasonably infer from your "easily").

That doesn’t appear to answer his question, which I am interested in

also.

Just to tell you off: when people post to newsgroups it is quite wrong

to presume they haven’t had a lookaround. Of course it is true that

they may not have, but an up to date opinion is what one uses

discussion forums for so that is irrelevant anyway. Even FAQ’s can’t

provide that. It is even worse to post a link that doesn’t then answer

the question, and to imply the OP is being lazy (which I reasonably

infer from your “easily”).

If you were to actually read the content of the website, then it would be

very clear as to which plugin/gem to use. Also, the site contains additional

information about the use these APIs with examples. Thus, I believe it does

answer the initial poster’s question. Furthermore, I’m saying as a developer it’s

in your best interest to do some research and experimentation. This is what a

developer does.

-Conrad

If you were to actually read the content of the website, then it would be very clear as to which plugin/gem to use. Also, the site contains additional

That may be the case for you but you presume upon the OP and other readers.

Having read that link, and wasted my time, I can say that in my opinion it does not answer the OP's question in any meaningful sense. Which is no surprise when one reads this:

information about the use these APIs with examples. Thus, I believe it does answer the initial poster's question. Furthermore, I'm saying as a

...this is like telling the OP to RTFM. But his question is typical of that which requires answers that are not to be found in manuals.

A person asks question of forums to get the benefit of wisdom and experience amoung other things. Manuals and guides have a different purpose.

Our OP likely would wish to know opinions and experience of such things as

*Reliability *Flexibility *Ease of debugging *Developer responsiveness *documentation &etc

...contrasting the two plugins against each other. He won't be getting much of that from your link.

developer it's in your best interest to do some research and experimentation. This is what a developer does.

Sorry, Dad, but the OP asked a specific question: your fatherly advice is just space filling.

But it is worse than that. People come to forums to get answers they are not getting elsewhere, especially experience. When another expert sees that a question has a reply it reduces motivation to also reply. The result of your posting it that the original poster may not get the answers he might normally expect, and should expect.

Ironically while you appear to imply the OP was being lazy the content of that link only proves that you are being lazy. Indeed your post seems to be self-righteous, hypocritical presumption. Astounding, really.

Such lazy replies are the blight of discussion forums and really such posts are a form of pollution reducing the quality of the discussions. And this isn't a one off :you do it elsewhere, to which I also replied.

If it were me, I'd use facebooker.

What I've read is that rfacebook while nice hasn't been maintained for quite awhile and is falling behind.

That said, hop on the facebooker google group and read the recent posts about rails 2.3.2 compatibility so you know what version to grab and what issues you might have.

There's also a possible passenger issue which I haven't run into, but I bookmarked because someone said it was a really odd one so I wanted to keep it in mind. Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Good luck!