which Gem To Used For Building A Site Like Mediafire

I want to build a website like Mediafire where User can upload and download media files(Audio,Video,Images(All Formats)). and from already answered answered questions i have come through with a gem called paperclip.

so my question now is how do i integrate paperclip with devise(in order to build sign up form) and link my web pages with them ?

I want to build a website like Mediafire where User can upload and download media files(Audio,Video,Images(All Formats)). and from already answered answered questions i have come through with a gem called paperclip.

so my question now is how do i integrate paperclip with devise(in order to build sign up form) and link my web pages with them ?

I don't understand what you mean by integrate paperclip with devise. If you want authorisation then use devise for that, if you want to use paperclip to upload files then use that. In what way do the two functions interact? Also what do you mean by "link my web pages with them"? What web pages are you talking about?

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1170637:

I don't understand what you mean by integrate paperclip with devise. If you want authorisation then use devise for that, if you want to use paperclip to upload files then use that. In what way do the two functions interact? Also what do you mean by "link my web pages with them"? What web pages are you talking about?

Colin

lets not mess up things. I just want to build a website same as mediafire in rails so what should i go for- which gem to use for uploading files and by "integrate paperclip with devise" i mean how to use 2 gems and link them together so that in my sign up form user have the option to upload avatar and also upload files on a diff web page where user only upload files and after uploading his files a link should be generated for downloading that file. hope you understand now what i want

Do you know how to build a website with rails?

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1170641:

Colin

Yea i do know how to build apps in rails with single gems like spree and devise . .. but this is the first i'm gonna use more then 2 gems(paperclip, devise) and may be more so i don't know how to link them. any way to build what i was asking ?

Colin Law wrote in post #1170641:

Colin

Yea i do know how to build apps in rails with single gems like spree and devise . .. but this is the first i'm gonna use more then 2

I don't think so, if you look in Gemfile.lock you will see that you are using dozens of gems.

gems(paperclip, devise) and may be more so i don't know how to link them. any way to build what i was asking ?

First start with basic site with the fundamentals of what you want. Then add devise gem understand how to use that to login and protect pages in your app. Then add paperclip to upload the files, using the facilities of devise to protect the actions.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1170678:

First start with basic site with the fundamentals of what you want. Then add devise gem understand how to use that to login and protect pages in your app. Then add paperclip to upload the files, using the facilities of devise to protect the actions.

Colin

And after that ? for downloading files and link generated after uploading files?

Collins has spoken well in this matter…I like his responses. Do what he has instructed…Goodluck.

Colin Law wrote in post #1170678:

First start with basic site with the fundamentals of what you want.

Then add devise gem understand how to use that to login and protect

pages in your app. Then add paperclip to upload the files, using the

facilities of devise to protect the actions.

Colin

And after that ? for downloading files and link generated after

uploading files?

Seriously, have you even looked at the Paperclip documentation?

Hassan Schroeder wrote in post #1170698:

Seriously, have you even looked at the Paperclip documentation?

And seriously why guys here don't give exact answer without flaming i mean giving an exact answer with link is that difficult or if one don't wants to do that then is it that hard to keep your hands off from posting ?

> And after that ? for downloading files and link generated after > uploading files?

I agree with Hassan Suggestion , Please go through Paperclip documentation,     if not Can you have a look at *carrierwave* gem, Hope that helps your needs.

There are some nice people (colin) who try to keep this community free from junk and help genuinely. And there are some ignorant people like you who doesn’t give a rats ass to do your homework before asking a question here. I don’t mean to say asking stupid questions is wrong but the least you could do is learn the basics before asking something.

This is how your question has been framed "How do i fly a plane ? ". You have no idea how planes work, you don’t care to understand the physics behind it, you don’t care about how one can become physically fit. Its because of you lazy souls that people have stopped helping sometimes. I think you must be working for some stupid software shop where you were assigned this task and you just want to **build **a web application as huge as media fire in a week and get back to you daily soaps.

Please do us a favor and keep your hands off this community if you don’t have the bare minimum social ethics.

1) You've gone past asking for help & advice, and are essentially asking people to write your code for you.

2) What you call "flaming" was actually still helpful. You need to do what has been suggested multiple times: read the Paperclip documentation (and Rails tutorial if you have not yet). Pointing you to the correct documents, rather than spoon-feeding excerpts to you, is not flaming. Demanding to be spoon-fed the exact code you need to write, the complaining about being told what documentation to read, is ridiculous.

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

I Agree with you Vivek,

As per any community norms… Anyone who has a problem can post a query,Its our prime responsibility to give proper answer for that.We need to hold our shoes until he realizes.

But as Vivek mentioned, before posting a query, we need to do home work on it… and even then if we find issues… then community can help.

Please don’t get panic.

My Apologies if the comments hurts anyone feelings.

Nugi Nugraha wrote in post #1170730:

What else are you looking for other than that described, with examples, at GitHub - thoughtbot/paperclip: Easy file attachment management for ActiveRecord?

Colin

To get the right answers you got ask the right questions, but maybe you should try and google a little around: LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You just a little…

Colin Law wrote in post #1170738:

What else are you looking for other than that described, with examples, at GitHub - thoughtbot/paperclip: Easy file attachment management for ActiveRecord?

Colin

i know my english i bad but is it that hard to understand what i am saying have you ever heard of site mediafire ?? mediafire.com(in case you don't) go and make one account there and after uploading your file mediafire will generate a download link for you so that you can share that link with others and they will be able to download that file too now tell me can paperclip be able to do this ??

No, your English is not bad. I think I understand what you want to do. But since the link I provided appeared to me to cover what you want to do I asked you to explain what in particular you are worried might not be available.

Colin