What would be the best way to...

I have a model 'assignment' that has_many of the model 'answer'. What would be the best way to have a form to save an 'assignment' and some of its 'answers' all on the same form?

Hmm... that didn't work. Also, I need to have more than 1 answer on the form. Maybe something like text fields with id="assignment[answer][1][content]"?

Hi --

given both models have three attributes, title, content & brief; i believe would this work (untested code)

text_field 'assignment', 'title' text_field 'assignment', 'content' text_field 'assignment', 'brief' text_field 'assignment', 'answer[title]' text_field 'assignment', 'answer[content]' text_field 'assignment', 'answer[brief]'

Hmm... that didn't work. Also, I need to have more than 1 answer on the form. Maybe something like text fields with id="assignment[answer][1][content]"?

You can give an arbitrary index to text fields, like this:

<% @assignment.answers.each_with_index do |answer,i| %>      <%= text_field "answer", "title", :index => i %>      ...    <% end %>

You'll then get params[:answer], which will be a hash with keys corresponding to the indices.

Maybe that, or something based on it, would give you what you need.

David