What would be the best way for a rails project to receive real time stock quotes?

I am trying to get real time stock quotes passed to my rails project. Is there any way to get that going? Trying to keep it as free as possible. Would yahoo or google finance offer some sort of service that could be used? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to get real time stock quotes passed to my rails project. Is there any way to get that going? Trying to keep it as free as possible. Would yahoo or google finance offer some sort of service that could be used? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure you can poll various services (Yahoo is a good bet) for changes on a schedule from your app. Any stock quotes you get for free will be time-delayed by at least 15 minutes if my experience here is still valid. Do you need all stocks, or a particular stock?

Walter

Id like to be able to get multiple stocks depending on which ones the users choose. How would I go about finding a way to utilize yahoos services in a rails app?

Id like to be able to get multiple stocks depending on which ones the users choose. How would I go about finding a way to utilize yahoos services in a rails app?

Try googling for some API documentation. They have APIs for lots of their services. Some you need to scrape with RSS, but others are proper REST APIs, and Rails has plenty of its own documentation describing how to interact with those.

Walter

https://www.ruby-toolbox.com/search?utf8=✓&q=real+time+stock looks to have some potential options.