What Test Framework is everyone using?

I’m just about to launch into a small app inhouse for the manufacturing company I work for. I’ve used rails for quite a while, and have used Test::Unit baked in rails. I’ve also used rspec - it’s changed a bit since I used it simply_bdd - I’ve used this one quite a bit.

I see that there is also test/spec available and I am considering this one at the moment.

I’ve tended to go for the ones that are built on top of Test::Unit since then all helpers rails defines and such are avilable.

I’m a bit concerned that if I go for rspec, it’s non-standard and I’m thinking it might get me into trouble when helpers aren’t available etc.

What experiences, have people had with these and what would you use?

Cheers Daniel

I'm just about to launch into a small app inhouse for the manufacturing company I work for. I've used rails for quite a while, and have used Test::Unit baked in rails. I've also used rspec - it's changed a bit since I used it simply_bdd - I've used this one quite a bit.

I see that there is also test/spec available and I am considering this one at the moment.

I've tended to go for the ones that are built on top of Test::Unit since then all helpers rails defines and such are avilable.

FWIW, rspec wraps test/unit as well (at least the rails plugin does). So all of the helpers and assertions are available if you use rspec as well.

Cheers, David

I’m just about to launch into a small app inhouse for the manufacturing company I work for. I’ve used rails for quite a while, and have used

Test::Unit baked in rails. I’ve also used rspec - it’s changed a bit since I used it simply_bdd - I’ve used this one quite a bit.

I see that there is also test/spec available and I am considering this one

at the moment.

I’ve tended to go for the ones that are built on top of Test::Unit since then all helpers rails defines and such are avilable.

FWIW, rspec wraps test/unit as well (at least the rails plugin does).

So all of the helpers and assertions are available if you use rspec as well.

Cheers, David

Thanx, I didn’t realise that. That certianly makes rspec a more viable option, for me at least.

Cheers