what;s the right url in this case

Hello,

I have this models

class Berichten < ActiveRecord::Base attr_accessible :bericht, :user belongs_to :user belongs_to :Category end

class User < ActiveRecord::Base attr_accessible :email, :name has_many :berichten end

class Category < ActiveRecord::Base attr_accessible :id :name has_many :berichten end

What I wonder is what the right url is when I want to place a new bericht into a specific category. Is it localhost:3000//bericht/new ?

Roelof

class Berichten < ActiveRecord::Base   attr_accessible :bericht, :user   belongs_to :user   belongs_to :Category

"Category" there should not be capitalized

end

What I wonder is what the right url is when I want to place a new bericht into a specific category. Is it localhost:3000/<categoryname>/bericht/new ?

Why don't you run `rake routes` and see the URLs that have been automatically defined by your relationships? You might also want to read the comments in config/routes.rb about "nested resources".

It depends on how you setup your resource and how you setup your controller. The model does not interact with the view and the view should not interact with the model directly under any circumstance, the controller hits up the model and then setups the view.

Since you only showed us your model's and not your controllers we have no idea how you have it setup, though you can read more about routing here: Rails Routing from the Outside In — Ruby on Rails Guides

The controllers looks now like this :

class BerichtenController < ApplicationController def new end def index @berichten = Berichten.all end def delete end def show end end class

And the other controller:

lass UsersController < ApplicationController def new end def index @user = User.all end def delete end def show end end

My routes.rb

Tamara::Application.routes.draw do resources “berichten” resources “users” resources ¨category¨ end

Roelof