Weird problem - some hidden process ?

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum so here goes.

In development app, after login I have a redirect to welcome index page. Now, whenever I am in different sections of the web site (hence different controllers/actions), and I leave the computer alone for a while (not able to determine after how much time this happens), in the development console, I notice the welcome index action has been executed (sometimes another action and then the index page) even though in the web browser I can see I am still on the other section's page.

In other words, something is firing off the calls to my controllers/ methods without my physically doing so in the browser.

Looking forward to any help where I should look to resolve this issue. Of course, as long as I don't do anything in the browser, there should not be any activity in the console too right ? Is there any hidden process somewhere ?

Best regards

Is the browser you are using Safari 4? If so it will pull the most accessed websites once in a while....

Hi helmdull

Yes you are right - I am using Safari 4.0.2 !! Jeez that is quite a coincidence you figured out. If this is the case and I want to test this cause, how can I turn off the periodic access ?

Thanks so much for this pointer ... hope it is the problem. Cheers