Webistrano recipes association (was: [Capistrano] [ANN] Webistrano 1.3 released)

I see at some point recipes were changed from project-associated to stage-associated, is there some explanation or examples of that use-case?

Could I request we have both? In my current cap scripts, we don’t have any stage-specific recipes, but maybe I’m just not understanding this completely.

Hi Dean,

Dean Holdren wrote:

I see at some point recipes were changed from project-associated to stage-associated, is there some explanation or examples of that use-case?

Recipes were moved from the project level to the stage level with Webistrano 1.1 so that different stages of a project can have different recipes. This was a feature commonly requested and makes sense if your recipes set up resources like symlinks to upload dirs that should be different for each stage.

In order to replicate the old behavior just add the recipes to each stage.

Could I request we have both?

Why not, it would then also mimic the configuration parameters that can be set at the project and the stage level. If you have any patches for this kind of changes, please post them at the trac/wiki.

Jonathan