Using Savon

Hi guys!

I’m trying to read and create data through SAVON with a SOAP API. I never worked with SOAP before, so I’m getting some problems here.

This is the API I’m using: Webmotors | Compre, venda e financie carros usados, novos e motos

And here the actions: Webmotors | Compre, venda e financie carros usados, novos e motos

The action ‘IncluirCarro’ is used to create a new data in api, and the method ‘ObterModelo’ read some data from APi.

I’m not sure how to add data through SOAP. At the line: puts(webmotors.call :obter_estoque_atual) I can read the xml of some data, but dont know how to parse this data to load it in my view, or which parameter put in ‘incluir_carro’ method to create the register of my data in the APi.

There is not so much tutorials or documentation from Savon website ou stackoverflow about how to work with it. I saw the Railscast 290, but the tutorial is old and it just read data.

Someone have experience with Savon? I need some light here.

Thanks!

My model:

class Webmotor < ActiveRecord::Base

require 'savon'

def initialize(car)

wSDL = 'http://www.webmotors.com.br/IntegracaoRevendedor/wsEstoqueRevendedorWebMotors.asmx?WSDL'

webmotors = Savon.client(wsdl: wSDL,

log: true,

log_level: :debug,

pretty_print_xml: true)

puts('=========================')

puts(webmotors.operations)

puts(webmotors.call :obter_estoque_atual)

#puts(webmotors.call :incluir_carro, message: {"IpvaPago"=> 'Não', 'RevisadoOficinaAgendaDoCarro' => 'nao'})

puts('=========================')

byebug

end

end

Hey man, I read your post on rails-br but I could not find it there. Give me more details about what you are trying to do. I used Savon couple years ago, and I think I can help you with that.