Using render inside a FormBuilder (EdgeRails)

I'm using the latest trunk of 1.2-ish, and I'm wondering how to do what I want to do. I am using a form_for :builder I wrote, simply called TableFormBuilder after the rails cookbook, and want to be able to present help icons automatically. I want these icons to appear next to form fields I am rendering.

For example, I have this method in helpers/table_form_builder.rb:

# This enables you to use select groups like text fields   def select_group(object_name, choices, options = {}, html_options = {})     human = options.delete(:human) || object_name.to_s.gsub(/_id$/, '').humanize     if options.delete(:required)       human = human.required     end     @template.content_tag('tr',       @template.content_tag('td', human, {'class' => 'label'}) +       @template.content_tag('td', select(object_name, choices, options, html_options),                                          {'class' => 'field'}) + help_icon(object_name))   end

In my view, I call this as:

f.select_group(:layout_id, etc ...)

Specificially, I'm focusing on the help_icon(object_name) method shown above. This is attached to a help table, which looks up topics based on the string passed in. This works fine.

The help_icon method in TableFormBuilder is this:

# This creates a link of system help exists, otherwise bypasses   def help_icon(help_topic)     help = SystemHelp.find_by_help_topic(help_topic.to_s.gsub(/_id$/,''))     if help       render :layout => false, :partial => true     else       return ''     end   end

That doesn't work. The error is:

undefined method `render' for #<TableFormBuilder:0xb79d9094>

It appears that render() is not available in the form_for :builder context.

Is there another way to accomplish this? I really want to attach it to the builder, rather than having to say "+ help_icon" in all my views.

Thanks, Nate

Nevermind, I found this tooltip library which is very nice and does this outside Rails: