using multiple mysql databases

Hi,

I've got an app that talks to two databases on a given MySQL server. When I run in development mode, pointing to the MySQL server running on localhost (127.0.0.1), I am able to access both databases without any problem. The relevant yaml looks like this: (names have been changed to protect the innocent)

development:   adapter: mysql   database: dev   username: username   password: password   hostname: 127.0.0.1

dev2:   adapter: mysql   database: dev2   username: username   password: password   hostname: 127.0.0.1

When I change the environment to "production", I am unable to access the database that is *not* named "production". I get an error that reads "Mysql::Error: Unknown database 'prod2'". The production part of the yaml looks like:

production:   adapter: mysql   database: prod   username: username   password: password   hostname: db.prod.mycompany.com

prod2:   adapter: mysql   database: prod2   username: username   password: password   hostname: db.prod.mycompany.com

When I change the "development" and "dev2" to point to the production server and tables, I get the same error.

This leads me to believe that the dev and prod mysql servers are configured differently, but I wanted to double check and see if anyone has seen this problem before (and that it might be rails).

Anyone?

Thanks, -kevin