Use of Include and Join together

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand what the expected behavior would be if i were to use include and joins together on the same association. I know from a straight rails perspective that it would be a little silly to do since the include will end up doing the join at the database level but I'm using a plugin ( searchlogic ) that creates named scopes and joins automatically, I'm sure most of you are familiar with it.

So I'm using search logic to do a query on an association and also displaying that association so to get around the n+1 query I include that association. This is resulting in a non-unique table alias bug since the join created by searchlogic is giving me an inner join and the include is giving me a left outer join both with the same alias.

So basically what I'm trying to figure out is what is the expected behavior of joins and includes used together just from a rails standpoint and are there any quirks that I could possibly be falling into? Hopefully this can help me understand if I have an application bug, rails bug, or searchlogic bug.

Thanks in advance! James