Uploading File to Web Service

Hey Guys,

I created a web site where I could upload videos, it's built using RoR and RESTful urls. Videos#create lets me upload videos.

Next, I created another app, which using activeresource to interact with the first site. So, I want the user to upload a file to the client app, which then posts it via activeresource to the server app.

In the client app I get the file, but then I try to do this: video_file = File.open params[:clip][:file].local_path, "r" clip = Clip.new(:name => params[:clip][:name],                     :description => params[:clip][:description],                     :file => video_file)

Clip is the ActiveResource object for the server. On the server params[:clip][:file] comes out null.

Let me reply to the answers I expect to come up in advance: 1) No, I cannot have the client post directly to the server 2) I tried Base64 encoding the data and sending as a string, but it takes incredibly long to convert and post 100 megs of video via Base64. I figure if the user can send to the client in binary, then the client should be able to send to the server the same way.

Thanks