update_attributes does not work with ActiveResource

I have to sites running on port 3000 and 3001

I read the Client model via ActiveResource. Creating and deleting is working but updating causes the following error:

NoMethodError in ClientsController#update undefined method `update_attributes' for #<Client:0x22fce78>

Is ActiveResource broken?

I run Rails 2.1.0.

Thanx

To update a resource, you should be able to just change your attributes as desired and then call object.save(). ActiveResource should translate that to a PUT request, which the server app should then map to the update() action on the server resource.

Unless I've misunderstood your question...?

Jeff

REST with Rails Oct 4, 2008, Austin TX: Purple Workshops

Ok, I just changed this:

def update      @client = Client.find(params[:id])

respond_to do |format|        # if @client.update_attributes(params[:client])        if 1 == 1          @client.lastname = "BLAHBLAH"          @client.save          flash[:notice] = 'Client was successfully updated.'          format.html { redirect_to(@client) }          format.xml { head :ok }        else          format.html { render :action => "edit" }          format.xml { render :xml => @client.errors, :status => :unprocessable_entity }        end      end    end

It works! THanx. So the standard code generated by script/generate ... is useless?