Unit test problem,

You're probably running into a naming issue. Models are expected to be the singular name and the tables will be plural as will the fixture files. You can see them all with the Pluralizer http://nubyonrails.com/tools/pluralize

But here's a simple listing:

test/fixtures/feeds.yml app/model/feed.rb    class Feed < ActiveRecord::Base      in a database tables named "feeds"

It also expects to convert between CamelCase and under_scored so if your model is AggregationFeedMap, the file defining it should be app/models/aggregation_feed_map.rb and the table name should be aggregation_feed_maps and the fixture found in test/fixtures/aggregation_feed_maps.yml

Does this help you figure out your issues? It all becomes quite natural after a short while, but there are still times where you'll have a model name that the Inflector doesn't get the pluralization right and you either have to adjust or define an extra rule for the word you want to use.

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsultingllc.com Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com

It also expects to convert between CamelCase and under_scored so if your model is AggregationFeedMap, the file defining it should be app/ models/aggregation_feed_map.rb and the table name should be aggregation_feed_maps and the fixture found in test/fixtures/ aggregation_feed_maps.yml

Further, this command line...

script/generate model aggregation_feed_map

...should have set everything up correctly for you. Where'd these fixtures come from?

In my case I have a model named LppBase. Pluralize becomes lpp_bases. But if you singularize it back, it became lpp_basis. So, I had to add an entry in the inflections file.

FYI: I debugged this by getting in to script/console and then executing: "lpp_bases".pluralize.singularize

HTH

pedz wrote:

In my case I have a model named LppBase. Pluralize becomes lpp_bases. But if you singularize it back, it became lpp_basis. So, I had to add an entry in the inflections file.

All your basis are belong to Rails.