Undefined method save

I have this app that is supposed to take as input several parts of a blog entry and save it in a table. I did the migration to create the tables and the created a partial for the form to enter the data. I hit the submit button and the I get:

undefined method `save' for . . .

My table has the correct models mapped to it and it is hitting the controller correctly because it's displaying the message, but when it hits 'save', as far as I can tell, there should be no reason why it doesn't work. Here is the cotroller code:

def add_entry     @entry = Blog.new     @entry = params[:blog]     @user = User.find_by_id(params[:id])

if !@entry.nil? and @entry.save       render :inline => '<h1>' + @entry.header + '</h1>'     else       flash[:notice] = 'ERROR'       render :partial => 'entry_form', :id => @user.id     end   end

Anyone have any ideas? thanks,

-S

I have this app that is supposed to take as input several parts of a blog entry and save it in a table. I did the migration to create the tables and the created a partial for the form to enter the data. I hit the submit button and the I get:

undefined method `save' for . . .

My table has the correct models mapped to it and it is hitting the controller correctly because it's displaying the message, but when it hits 'save', as far as I can tell, there should be no reason why it doesn't work. Here is the cotroller code:

def add_entry    @entry = Blog.new    @entry = params[:blog]    @user = User.find_by_id(params[:id])

if !@entry.nil? and @entry.save      render :inline => '<h1>' + @entry.header + '</h1>'    else      flash[:notice] = 'ERROR'      render :partial => 'entry_form', :id => @user.id    end end

You've set @entry to be params[:blog]. Hashes don't have a save
method. Maybe you meant @entry = Blog.new(params[:blog) or
@entry.attributes = params[:blog]

Fred