undefined method `model' for ContactController:Class

Hi ,

I'm getting "undefined method `model' for ContactController:Class" Basically this is my first RoR application. Can you please somebody help to resolve this. Steps I have followed, 1)ruby script/generate model contact 2)ruby script/generate controller contact 3) vim app/controllers/contact_controller.rb class ContactController < ApplicationController   model :contact   scaffold :contact end 4)ruby script/server -p 9090

Actually I need to create/select/update table thru RoR.

Advance Thanks, Sankar.

leave out the line   model :contact you don't need that.

MaD wrote:

leave out the line   model :contact you don't need that.

I have remove that .... Now I'm getting error like "undefined method `scaffold' for ContactController:Class"

I think i'm totally wrong .... Can you pls let me know the step to prepare small application ?

sorry i didn't read carefully enough.

try this:   rails project   cd project   script/generate scaffold contact name:string street:string mail:string   nano config/database.yml   rake db:migrate   script/server   firefox http://localhost:3000/contacts/new

hope this helps.

btw: the tutorial you are following seems outdated (pre rails 2.0)

MaD wrote:

leave out the line model :contact you don't need that.

I have remove that .... Now I'm getting error like "undefined method `scaffold' for ContactController:Class"

I think i'm totally wrong .... Can you pls let me know the step to prepare small application ?

Sounds like you're trying to do an out of date tutorial. You will
probably save yourself some frustration by picking a more up to date
one.

Fred