undefined method `merge' for "/":String

issue #1. I'm a newb.

So, I'm trying to set up a calendar of lessons using the WeekViewHelper snippet found here: http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/5206 (very slightly altered). The problem only occurs when I try to set the :url option. Without it works fine, except I haven't been able to (can't figure it out) create links to go to the next or previous weeks.

Any help, or suggestions are greatly appreciated, or if you know of a different way to go about it.

The code for the various files are posted below. "start_date" and "end_date" are columns in the table "lessons", while "starts_at" and "ends_at" are options for the helper.

WEEK_VIEW_HELPER.RB:

require 'date'

# Author: Josh Adams   # This helper is based on CalendarHelper.   # WeekViewHelper allows you to draw a databound week view calendar with fine-grained CSS formatting module WeekViewHelper     VERSION = '0.0.1'

# Returns an HTML week-view calendar. In its simplest form, this method generates a plain     # calendar (which can then be customized using CSS) for a given span of days.     # However, this may be customized in a variety of ways -- changing the default CSS     # classes, generating the individual day entries yourself, and so on.

Nevermind, Just fixed it. I will post the solution tomorrow, for anyone else tackling similar issues.

I'd love to read it. Looking forward to it.

I got the idea from this post: Bunny and stream: Dynamic Calendar Helper - changing months If anyone has suggestions on a better way to do it, I'd love to know. Thanks.

Basically, I just created a new route in routes.rb > map.connect 'wkly_cal/:starts_at/:ends_at',   :controller => 'wkly_cal',   :action => 'index'

So, the url can set the date range. Added this to the wkly_cal_controller.rb: (under index) a = params.include?(:starts_at) ? params[:starts_at] :       Date.today - 2     b = params.include?(:ends_at) ? params[:ends_at] :       Date.today + 2

@wkly_cal = Time.parse(a).to_date, Time.parse(b).to_date

So going to just "wkly_cal/" will show this week. Then the following code wen into wkly_cal_helper.rb def weekly_options     {     :starts_at => @wkly_cal[0] ,     :ends_at => @wkly_cal[1] } end

So in the view (index) I now have this: <h1>Weekly Calendar</h1> <% for lesson in @lessons %><%end%> <%= week_view(weekly_options) do |range|         cell_text = ""         cell_attrs = {}

@lessons.each do |e|           #if range.first.to_date == e.starts_at.to_date#range.include? (e.starts_at.to_datetime)          if range.include?(e.start_date.to_datetime)             cell_text << "<div class='event-container'>\n"

cell_text << lesson.student_name       cell_text << "\n"             cell_text << "</div>\n"           end         end         [cell_text, cell_attrs]       end -%>

The actual links is set in the WeekViewHelper: (cal << next_link, cal << prev_link) require 'date'

# Author: Josh Adams   # This helper is based on CalendarHelper.   # WeekViewHelper allows you to draw a databound week view calendar with fine-grained CSS formatting module WeekViewHelper     VERSION = '0.0.1'

# Returns an HTML week-view calendar. In its simplest form, this method generates a plain     # calendar (which can then be customized using CSS) for a given span of days.     # However, this may be customized in a variety of ways -- changing the default CSS     # classes, generating the individual day entries yourself, and so on.

Small Correction: you get a "private mehod 'gsub'" error. had to change wkly_cal_controller.rb in index to: a = params.include?(:starts_at) ? params[:starts_at] :       (Date.today - 2).to_s     b = params.include?(:ends_at) ? params[:ends_at] :      (Date.today + 4).to_s @wkly_cal = Time.parse(a).to_date, Time.parse(b).to_date