Unable to start rail application at localhost

i am new to ruby on rail. i installed it to my computer.After that i created the rail application by typing in terminal

rail rubyapplication

It was create in my home directory.Afterwared i

did follwoing cd /home/administrator

and then try this

rail script/server
and got following message

administrator@ubuntu:~/rubyapplication$ ruby script/server ./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/vendor_gem_source_index.rb:1:in `require’: no such file to load – rubygems (LoadError) from ./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/vendor_gem_source_index.rb:1

from ./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb:1:in `require’ from ./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb:1

from ./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:10:in `require’ from ./script/…/config/…/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:10

from ./script/…/config/boot.rb:45:in require' from ./script/../config/boot.rb:45:in load_initializer’ from ./script/…/config/boot.rb:38:in run' from ./script/../config/boot.rb:11:in boot!’ from ./script/…/config/boot.rb:109 from script/server:2:in `require’

from script/server:2

Then i type following in brower to start the server

localhost:3000

it gave the error

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:300 What is this.? how to resolve it…

somebody tell me proper how to run rail project (rubyapplication in my case) on the rail server

Thanks in advance

Amritpal,

script/server failed to start because you’re missing rubygems. I’m guessing you’re using Ubuntu based on the hostname, so check out https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RubyOnRails#Installing%20RubyGems.