unable to download file greter than 1GB

I am trying to download a file of size 1.2GB which i uploaded and put in AWS bucket but when i download it, it gets chopped to 1GB.

can anyone help please...

So far this appears to have nothing to do with Ruby and everything to do with AWS. Is there a limit on how big an individual bucket can be (I don't use AWS but this seems to be the obvious first question), have you any buckets that are larger than 1GB?

Can you transfer the data to the bucket with any of the other web based or command line tools that AWS supplies?

We are not mind readers if you do not explain yourself clearly we will just ignore you.

Actually i am new to ruby....

I have seen in the AWS bucket the file is of 1.2 GB there but when i download it it gets chopped to 1 GB.

Thanks for your reply..And please revert if you need any more info.

Buckets can be any size and contain any number of files/folders. Each file in a bucket is limited to 4GB (last I checked, seems likely a 32-bit limitation). If you are streaming the file from S3 through your Ruby application and then into the browser, you may be hitting a time-out on the Ruby side. If your connection is directly to the S3 file (public permissions) then you should not be hitting any sort of limit at this point. 4GB is a long way from 1.2.

Walter

Walter Davis wrote in post #1020807:

Something that is not clear to me is how are you downloading the file ? Is this your browser hitting S3 directly, a command line tool using one of the many S3 libraries, an action in your controller that fetches the file from s3 and then sends it to the end user, something else ?

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #1021861:

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #1021861:

>> Thanks walter for your reply.

>> i think it cant be possible that everytime i try to download it,it gets >> time out. Do we have any kind of configuration/setting in order to limit >> the file size anywhere?

> Something that is not clear to me is how are you downloading the > file ? Is this your browser hitting S3 directly, a command line tool > using one of the many S3 libraries, an action in your controller that > fetches the file from s3 and then sends it to the end user, something > else ?

> Fred

i have a UI application in which downloading feature is incorporated, i am downloading throuh it..Is it what u r asking or need something else.

if your app is first downloading the file and then sending it to the user then it's almost certainly a timeout thing. There are many elements along the chain that can timeout: the app server itself, the load balancer in front of it, any proxies (transparent or not) between your server and the user's computer and finally the user's browser. I wouldn't rely on being able to control all of these. Why not serve the file straight from S3 instead of making the file go via your application ?

Fred

As far as I know, that's the only place you can look. There isn't any sort of configuration or timing going on on the S3 side. Even if you use an expiring URL to download a protected file, the expiration is only considered on the start time of the download, not the entire process. As long as the request begins before the token turns into a pumpkin, the file can download however slowly and take however long. It is ultimately up to your client application to maintain an open socket to the server, the server will continue to serve until the request is completed.

Walter