two things seem to equal, but the UNLESS statement passes anyway.

when params[:which_post] happens to equal the users last message, the UNLESS staement on line 11 passes when in fact they both equal. I've done testing and I know the params work and they do in fact equal each other, but it still passes when it shouldn't.

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/7986/code.txt

when params[:which_post] happens to equal the users last message, the UNLESS staement on line 11 passes when in fact they both equal. I've done testing and I know the params work and they do in fact equal each other, but it still passes when it shouldn't.

nothing that is passed as a params will be typecasted as an integer so you may need to apply a .to_s to @message.id or .to_i to params[:which_post]

nothing that is passed as a params will be typecasted as an integer so you may need to apply a .to_s to @message.id or .to_i to params[:which_post]

just a follow up, it is better to assign the records to an instance variable in the controller. something like

# setup which_post here @messages = @user.messages.where('messages.id != ?', which_post)

and then just use @messages on the view