Trouble with RoR installation on Redhat

I had Ruby on Rails working for awhile, then it suddenly stopped due to some strange fcgi errors. After days of trying to RoR working again, I gave up and decided to start from scratch, but am still having trouble. I am following the tutorial at Peak Obsession for Redhat 9 (though I am installing on RHEL 4)

I followed the directions to a tee, then tried to run: ruby -d ./dispatch.fcgi

I ended up getting an incredibly long error message, some of which I'll post here:

Exception `NameError' at ./../config/boot.rb:14 - uninitialized constant Rails Exception `MissingSourceFile' at /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21 - no such file to load -- oci8 Exception `MissingSourceFile' at /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29 - no such file to load -- oci8 Exception `MissingSourceFile' at /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21 - no such file to load -- Win32API Exception `MissingSourceFile' at /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29 - no such file to load -- Win32API

It's much longer than this. Interesting things to note:

- unitialized constant Rails? Is rails not properly installed? Is it unable to find rails? - What's the deal with looking for oci8 (Oracle) files? I didn't include any other examples, but there are also errors associated with db2 and other databases, none of which did I attempt to install. - What's the deal with looking for Win32API files on Redhat?

Any advice? I'm totally at a loss as to where to go from here. I've seen pretty much every site out there on Google with errors related to this, but can't figure out exactly what's wrong.

Thanks!