Trouble posting data to database

Hi guys,

Am trying to submit data through a text_area loaded by a partial form unsuccessfully thus far.

Please find my code here.

Any leads highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Ian,

Check out line 20 of you StudentIndisciplinesController: . You’re passing a parameter that is nil according to your log. Also, if you want to have more than one student indiscipline being saved you will need to .save inside the .each loop. You’re also unable to save because of the validation error thrown, since you’re instantiating the object without a case.

Also, I would suggest that you do the things at your controller more restful. Your students action it looks like a create action and your list a index action, unless you have a good reason to do how you’re doing.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Ian,

Check out line 20 of you StudentIndisciplinesController: . You're passing a parameter that is nil according to your log. Also, if you want to have more than one student indiscipline being saved you will need to .save inside the .each loop. You're also unable to save because of the validation error thrown, since you're instantiating the object without a case.

Also, I would suggest that you do the things at your controller more restful. Your students action it looks like a create action and your list a index action, unless you have a good reason to do how you're doing.

Also you might find it beneficial to work right through a good tutorial such as railstutorial.org (which is free to use online) as that will show you the basics of Rails.

Colin