Toronto Ruby on Rails Project Night Returns Sept. 19th (Seaside, WebVelocity, and ActiveRecord)

After a much needed summer hiatus, the Toronto Ruby on Rails Project Night ‘community’ is set to gather again on Friday September 19th at a NEW location: the Rich Media Institute!

As some of you may realize, this is a new evening for us. I don’t intend on having our get togethers on Friday, but September 19th is very special.

I am pleased to have James Robertson, Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist, joining us on his ‘Canadian Tour’ to look at Seaside and WebVelocity:

WebVeocity is a new Smalltalk Development Environment that is oriented around Seaside for Web Development and Glorp for Object/Relatonal Mapping. Come and see how WebVelocity re-targets the Smalltalk development experience into the Web Browser and simplifies the challenge of learning a new environment for newcomers. We’ll even build an entire application using Active Record and Scaffolding during the presentation, with minimal programming. If you’re a fan of Ruby on Rails, you need to come out and see this presentation!

We will also be joined by local Ruby on Rails developer Paul Doerwald, who will examine insights gained from working with ActiveRecord validation internals.

As always, it is the audience - and their participation - that really makes these events great; so I hope you can all join us for this special opportunity. These FREE presentations will take place on September 19th starting at 6pm until approx 7:30pm at the Rich Media Institute (156 Augusta Ave., Toronto).

Please email me at corecorina@hotmail.com or leave a comment below if you are attending - space is limited, please RSVP!