Timeout::Error while cinfiguring SMTP with Rails

i have used the "action_mailer_optional_tls" plugin to configure the smtp with rails application. everything seems alright but its rendering timeout error as...

Timeout::Error in EmailerController#sendmail execution expired

where the application trace says so....

C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:54:in `open' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/action_mailer_optional_tls/lib/ smtp_tls.rb:35:in `do_tls_start' C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:56:in `timeout' C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:76:in `timeout' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/action_mailer_optional_tls/lib/ smtp_tls.rb:35:in `do_tls_start' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/action_mailer_optional_tls/lib/ smtp_tls.rb:18:in `send' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/action_mailer_optional_tls/lib/ smtp_tls.rb:18:in `start' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/action_mailer_optional_tls/lib/ smtp_tls.rb:10:in `start' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/plugins/action_mailer_optional_tls/lib/ action_mailer_tls.rb:9:in `perform_delivery_smtp' C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionmailer-1.3.3/lib/ action_mailer/base.rb:451:in `send' C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionmailer-1.3.3/lib/ action_mailer/base.rb:451:in `deliver!' C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionmailer-1.3.3/lib/ action_mailer/base.rb:333:in `method_missing' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/emailer_controller.rb:12:in `sendmail'

and the enviornment setting says so...

ctionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {     :tls => true,     :address => "smtp.gmail.com",     :port => "587",     :domain => "localhost.localdomain.com",     :authentication => :plain,     :user_name => "username@gmail.com",     :password => "password"   }

plz anyone help me out of this quickly...

thanks in advance..

Hi, I am getting the same error. Have you found a solution to your timeout problem. I have gone thorugh forums they say to use sendmail instead of smtp to solve the timeout problem. but i am using windows2003. So how can i use sendmail......any other suggestion to solve this problem. Thank you.