:through difficulties

I'm trying to use :through on a many-to-many relationship.

I've got the following three models:

class User < ActiveRecord::Base     has_many :authors     has_many :submissions, :through => :authors

class Author < ActiveRecord::Base     belongs_to :submission     belongs_to :user

class Submission < ActiveRecord::Base     has_many :authors     has_many :users, :through => :authors

I've also got test data for each of the models, but when I try to run either of the following in script/console I get the subsequent error:

user.submissions   submission.users

NameError: undefined local variable or method

Any suggestions on how to figure out what I've done wrong?

I'm trying to use :through on a many-to-many relationship.

I've got the following three models:

class User < ActiveRecord::Base     has_many :authors     has_many :submissions, :through => :authors

class Author < ActiveRecord::Base     belongs_to :submission     belongs_to :user

class Submission < ActiveRecord::Base     has_many :authors     has_many :users, :through => :authors

Do you have all the correct fields on these tables to support the relationships?

I've also got test data for each of the models, but when I try to run either of the following in script/console I get the subsequent error:

user.submissions   submission.users

NameError: undefined local variable or method

Can you post an exact log of what you're typing in the console? I suspect you're just misusing the relationships somehow.

Cheers,

Pete Yandell