Testing routes and controller results

I'm trying to write a functional test that generates a route and then follows that route to the controller and confirms that the appropriate record is retrieved.

I'm getting some unexpected errors --- I know the route works in development mode -- and wondering if anyone has an idea of what's happening here. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Here's the test...

def test_show_title     @news=Article.find(1)     get date_url(:title=>"#{@news.srctitle}",                  :section=>"#{@news.section.name}",                  :year=>"#{@news.created_at.year}",                  :month=>"#{@news.created_at.month}",                  :day=>"#{@news.created_at.mday.to_s}")

end

and the error...

test_show_title(ArticlesControllerTest): NoMethodError: You have a nil object when you didn't expect it! The error occured while evaluating nil.rewrite     /Applications/Locomotive2/Bundles/ rmagickRailsSept2006_x86.locobundle/framework/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ actionpack-1.12.5/lib/action_controller/base.rb:488:in `url_for'     generated/routing/named_routes/date.rb:2:in `date_url'     /Applications/Locomotive2/Bundles/ rmagickRailsSept2006_x86.locobundle/framework/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ actionpack-1.12.5/lib/action_controller/test_process.rb:431:in `method_missing'     ./test/functional/articles_controller_test.rb:33:in `test_show_title'