Testing library code

Hi,

Just a quick question: If one creates custom classes and modules and places them in the lib/ folder of rails, where should the tests for those classes/modules go? Are they just unit tests?

Thanks, Toby

What I mean is that I would like to use test::unit to test my modules and classes but I'm not sure where to put the test I write in the directory structure of rails. Some of my controllers rely on these modules/classes so they require testing, I'm just not sure how to go about it.

tobyclemson@gmail.com wrote:

What I mean is that I would like to use test::unit to test my modules and classes but I'm not sure where to put the test I write in the directory structure of rails. Some of my controllers rely on these modules/classes so they require testing, I'm just not sure how to go about it.

Put all unit-level tests in test/unit.

The meaning of "unit test" isn't "model test"; it's generally the low-level tests.

If you don't want to run too many tests between each edit, google for "test:svn_modified" and use that to trigger only the tests files you changed since your last integration.