testing foreign key of rails fail

I have a some warnings about the referencing of foreign key, i did try several way to solve this problem but i am still stuck with foreign key. is the syntax of setting foreign key is wrong?

can anyone help to fix the problem

~user table id name address guest

~ prescription table id person (integer) picture date_written

~user model has_many :prescriptions

~ prescription model   belongs_to :person, :foreign_key => "person" ,:class_name => 'User'

~userTest   context "belong to and have many association " do     should have_many :prescriptions   end

~prescriptionTest   context "belongs to relationship" do     should belong_to :person   end

1) Failure: test: belong to and have many association should have many prescriptions. (UserTest) [/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/ shoulda-2.11.3/lib/shoulda/context.rb:324]: Expected User to have a has_many association called prescriptions (Prescription does not have a user_id foreign key.). Expected block to return true value.

thanks

I have a some warnings about the referencing of foreign key, i did try several way to solve this problem but i am still stuck with foreign key. is the syntax of setting foreign key is wrong?

can anyone help to fix the problem

~user table id name address guest

~ prescription table id person (integer) picture date_written

~user model has_many :prescriptions

As in the other thread I think you need to specify the foreign key here also. As a matter of interest why are you specifying all these non-standard foreign keys rather than the default

~ prescription model belongs_to :person, :foreign_key => "person" ,:class_name => 'User'

Again as I suggested much earlier I think you will run into problems with the name of the foreign key the same as the model. If you say @prescription.person how will rails know whether you mean the foreign key field (which is an integer) or the associated user? person_id would be more conventional and safer I think.

Colin

> I have a some warnings about the referencing offoreignkey, > i did try several way to solve this problem but i am still stuck with >foreignkey. > is the syntax of settingforeignkeyis wrong?

> can anyone help to fix the problem

> ~user table > id > name > address > guest

> ~ prescription table > id > person (integer)

person_id => This is a foreign key of user

I change like that. but it's still giving me warning...

please help...

> picture > date_written

> ~user model > has_many :prescriptions

As in the other thread I think you need to specify theforeignkeyhere also. As a matter of interest why are you specifying all these non-standardforeignkeys rather than the default

> ~ prescription model > belongs_to :person, :foreign_key => "person" ,:class_name => 'User'

belongs_to :user, :foreign_key => "person_id" ,:class_name => 'User'

Again as I suggested much earlier I think you will run into problems with the name of theforeignkeythe same as the model. If you say @prescription.person how willrailsknow whether you mean theforeignkeyfield (which is an integer) or the associated user? person_id would be more conventional and safer I think.

Colin

> ~userTest > context "belong to and have many association " do > should have_many :prescriptions > end

> ~prescriptionTest > context "belongs to relationship" do > should belong_to :person

should belong_to :user

So is it all working now?

If not then show us the current code and error if you want more help.

Colin