Wimdu is an exciting start-up company headquartered in Berlin and one of
the biggest Ruby projects in Europe. Initially funded with US$90
million, Wimdu has grown to host over 50,000 properties in over 100
countries since March 2011. Our main concept is to “travel like a
local”. This idea is spread by a very international team from more than
30 different nations working in our headquarters in Berlin.
For our office in Berlin we are looking for a
Technical Lead – Ruby on Rails (m/f)
Do you work end-to-end focused and are you looking for a technological
challenge? Do you always keep the books “The Lean Startup” and “Getting
Real” next to your bed? Then contact us today.
• You will manage a team of advanced Ruby-on-Rails engineers
• You will take a lead on software architecture and infrastructure and
• You will give code feedback, interview candidates and support product
• You will change the face of Wimdu by independently developing and
implementing new features for 50 localized top-level domains that will
be visited by hundreds of thousands of users
• You will contribute proactively to a highly agile test-driven
development process with daily releases and weekly deploys
• You will be proposing, implementing and developing sophisticated
back-end solutions on Rails
• You will visit conferences and meet-ups
• You are a leader at heart: You take responsibility, work team result
focused, are able to think long-term (team AND code-wise) and challenge
• You care about your colleagues and are willing to mentor and lead
• You work data- and test-driven and love challenges
• You have a strong opinion and a vision – e.g. you want an environment
that is fun to work with and you aim for a well-designed code base (e.g.
• You have gained at least 5 years of experience within open source
projects, start-ups or software firms
• You have gained hands on experience in at least 3 Rails projects and
headed a team of coders before
• You have an educational background in the field of Computer Science,
Software Engineering or similar
And this is our offer:
If you seek to work within a friendly and supportive environment with
many opportunities to implement your own ideas, then Wimdu is the right
choice for you. You will become part of one of the biggest Ruby projects
in Europe with highly skilled developers while at the same time
individually enhancing a global online platform coding in Ruby on Rails.
By doing this you will develop and mentor your team. That is how your
work will directly impact Wimdu’s worldwide success.
We offer you the international start-up spirit, combined with an
inspiring workplace in a stylish converted warehouse directly located in
the heart of Germany´s capital and the chance to work on fascinating
projects. You will benefit from an attractive compensation and many
development opportunities. Our Wimdu academy, a chill-out area and many
events complete our offer and enrich your days as a part of our
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
If so, we look forward to receive your application via mail to Wolfram
at email@example.com. Please mention the reference number RuFo1204TLR. Are
you committed to some open-source projects? Perfect! Share some github
repositories with us!
Before we ask you, ask us: Send us your questions, doubts and we will
get back to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Ohlauer Straße 43