Tabbed Menus - link_to_unless_current

This is more difficult than I originally anticipated. Any help in figuring this out is most appreciated:

This is a code snippet from my header.rhtml (or erb) file that draws tabbed menus:

<ul>               <% [["Home", "/home" ],                   ["Positions", "/company" ],                   ["Leads", "/feed" ],                   ["Calendar", "/calendar"],                   ["Contacts", "/contact" ],                   ["Documents", "/document"],                   ["My Account", "/account" ],                   ["Help", "/help" ]].each do |label, controller> %>                 <%= open_tag "li" %>                   <%= link_to_unless_current(label,                                              {:controller => controller}                       ) { |label, controller| content_tag("span", label, :class => "current") } %>                 </li>             </ul>

This implements "tabbed menus" using special CSS styling for the "current" class and works fine.

Here is the twist: each of the tabs, Home for example which has corresponding controller given by "/home" displays pages using default index action which has further links pointing back to other controllers. So a link in the page opened by HomeController index action has a link pointing back to the CompanyController (identified above by ["Positions", "/company" ] sub-array.

As it is now, as soon as the users click on the links on any pages, the current tab disappears since there is no "current" class. Instead, when the users click on a link on the page displayed by the index action, they still want the "Home" tab hilighted to show the navigation path which means it should have the "current" class. In this case, link_to_unless_current does not work since there is not current tab or link that was clicked on.

How should I go about implementing that?

Bharat