syntax/design/calendar_helper

Just starting to work through my first Rails app, very new to Ruby, still getting my head around the syntax, iterators, blocks, procs, etc., and so of course I could use some assistance.

my basic question: is it possible to include a new iterator/block in the block called by calendar() ? I assumed it would be possible, but I'm having some trouble, so I'm wondering if it's semantically prohibited or some such. more generally, is it possible to run an iterator inside an iterator?

I'm using the calendar_helper plugin, and I need to display all events that are scheduled for a given day in the appropriate table cell. The calendar() method is, I gather, an iterator which allows you to attach a block, to which it will pass a Date object for each date in the given month. I want to list all events that fall on the given date, so I'm wondering if it's possible to iterate through my list of events (in the middle of the calendar() call) and list all matches. Yes, that's correct, I want to iterate through the entire list of events many times, ONCE FOR EACH DAY OF THE MONTH, searching for matches.

I realize it'd be much more efficient to use the controller to filter out all events that won't be displayed in the given monthly view, and sort the remaining relevant events in a easily accessible hash or array. But just for the sake of argument, is it even possible to do it the other way?

I'll paste some code, as my syntactical ignorance might have something to do with it.

<%= calendar(:year => 2006, :month => 8) do |d|   @events.each { |e|     if e.date.eql?(d)       # list event     end } end %>

I'm getting an "undefined method `map' for #<Event:0x36eacdc>"

thanks in advance for any help

Disregard previous.