Submit AJAX form with select onchange

Hey all,

I'm trying to submit the following ajax form using the onchange on a rails select.

<% form_remote_tag(:url => { :action => :add_facilitator }, :html => {:id => 'add_facilitator'}) do %>         <%= select :facilitator, :id, @facilitators.map{|u| [u.surname,u.id]}, {:include_blank => '', :onchange => "'add_facilitator'.onsubmit()"}%>       <% end %>

If I add a submit tag it works perfectly but i'd rather use onchange instead.

any help is greatly appreciated.

j

Hey all,

I'm trying to submit the following ajax form using the onchange on a rails select.

<% form_remote_tag(:url => { :action => :add_facilitator }, :html => {:id => 'add_facilitator'}) do %>         <%= select :facilitator, :id, @facilitators.map{|u| [u.surname,u.id]}, {:include_blank => '', :onchange => "'add_facilitator'.onsubmit()"}%>       <% end %>

$('add_facilitator').submit()

Fred

HI Fred,

Thanks for the reply.

<form action="/users/add_facilitator" id="add_facilitator" method="post" onsubmit="new Ajax.Request('/users/add_facilitator', {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true, parameters:Form.serialize(this)}); return false;">         <select id="facilitator_id" name="facilitator[id]"><option value=""></option> <option value="1">jj</option></select>       </form>

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply, however, even with your code, the following is the html produced by the helper. There is no onchange in the select definition.

<form action="/users/add_facilitator" id="add_facilitator" method="post" onsubmit="new Ajax.Request('/users/add_facilitator', {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true, parameters:Form.serialize(this)}); return false;"> <select id="facilitator_id" name="facilitator[id]"> <option value=""></option> <option value="1">jj</option> </select> </form>

Any ideas?

j

Hey all,

$('add_facilitator').submit()

oh and you need to make the onchange be in the second options hash, ie {:include_blank => true}, {:onchange => ...}}

Fred

Did that Fred and it worked.

Thanks for your help.