StyleSheets on Ruby on Rails

I'm making some changes on Redmine Project on my local, I need to alter appearance, so I changed application.css, then I realized that I need changes in only some views, so let application.css to be same, but I copy my modified version to applicationNewIssueForm.css and I added <%= stylesheet_link_tag "applicationNewIssueForm" %> to views which I want to change. Unfortunately appearance of my views are not same where I used applicaition.css as defult and I added <%= stylesheet_link_tag "applicationNewIssueForm" %> although they are identical. What causes this problem? Thanks.

Hi,

so let application.css to be same, but I copy my modified version to applicationNewIssueForm.css and I added <%= stylesheet_link_tag "applicationNewIssueForm" %> to views which I want to change. Unfortunately appearance of my views are not same where I used applicaition.css as defult and I added <%= stylesheet_link_tag "applicationNewIssueForm" %> although they are identical.

I'd venture two guesses.

First, try changing the name of your modified file to lose the capitalization. Try 'application_new_issue_form.css'. Rails' conventions do a lot of conversion between file and class names where the file has underscores separating words and the corresponding class name uses CamelCase. It might be getting confused.

Second, you say you 'added' the new style sheet to the view templates you want to change. You should check, using Firebug, to see if your new css file is actually being loaded, what styles are being overridden, and what styles are being applied in the end.

HTH, Bill

Application_new_issue_form.css approach didn't make any difference. Firebug is a great tool,it helped very much, I added required css as inline, and that it worked. Thanks.