Strange Error undefined method `show' for # see no way to debug, suggestions?

I changed fairly much in my app without constant testing ( my bad ) now i get an error which I cannot seem to debug point my finger on.

I have a home controller which just displays a welcome page this had a index only action. Whatever controller I try to open i always get above error message

ActionView::TemplateError (undefined method `show' for #<Haml::Precompiler::Line:0x10547ef40>) in app/views/home/ index.html.haml:

haml (3.0.9) [v] lib/haml/precompiler.rb:178:in `precompile'     haml (3.0.9) [v] lib/haml/engine.rb:121:in `initialize'     haml (3.0.9) [v] rails/./lib/haml/template/plugin.rb:29:in `new'     haml (3.0.9) [v] rails/./lib/haml/template/plugin.rb:29:in `compile'     haml (3.0.9) [v] rails/./lib/haml/helpers/action_view_mods.rb: 13:in `render'     haml (3.0.9) [v] rails/./lib/haml/helpers/action_view_mods.rb: 13:in `render'     warden (0.10.7) [v] lib/warden/manager.rb:35:in `call'     warden (0.10.7) [v] lib/warden/manager.rb:34:in `catch'     warden (0.10.7) [v] lib/warden/manager.rb:34:in `call'     haml (3.0.9) [v] rails/./lib/sass/plugin/rack.rb:41:in `call'     -e:1:in `load'     -e:1

Showing app/views/home/index.html.haml where line # raised:

undefined method `show' for #<Haml::Precompiler::Line:0x10547ef40> Extracted source (around line #):

The extracted source around line # is zero Any more advanched ruby on rails programmers can help me point my finger on where this error comes from? I dont understand every controller I try to open in browser gives this error message, cleaning my routes.rb to the rails default and setting only home controller as root also does not resolve this error.

Nobody some ideas clues? I have spend like 2 hours trying to fix this : (

I changed fairly much in my app without constant testing ( my bad ) now i get an error which I cannot seem to debug point my finger on.

Looks like haml's blowing up trying to precompile your index.html.haml view, which could either be that this file is very screwed or that there's a bug in haml itself.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for pointing that out , i thought of a code error somewhere but after I delete the index.html.haml it throws error missing template index.html.haml now I recreated the file with a blank file no contents but then the error pops up again, it could be some disk based issue so im now running disk utility (osx) hope that solves the issue

Anyone else some suggestions? After removing the index.html.haml file i get the default missing template error but if i open *any* other controller for example /post i get EXACT the same error.. why is this happening ? It seems that before any rendering is done it looks for an action "show" somehow even if i remove all routes and have just the basic ones

Anyone else some suggestions? After removing the index.html.haml file i get the default missing template error but if i open *any* other controller for example /post i get EXACT the same error.. why is this happening ? It seems that before any rendering is done it looks for an action "show" somehow even if i remove all routes and have just the basic ones

Can you go back to your most recent known good backup and check it still works? This will prove whether it is a system problem or related to changes made in your app.

Another thought might be to try creating a new simple app and make sure that works.

Colin

I could go back to a backup but loose a lot of new work on the app Still hope to find a fix somewhere but this error is really strange not anything else ive seen so far been able to debug all errors i came across with google perhaps its a system disk error, i repaired disk and no errors in my project path so this is still a very very strange issue. hope to find a soiution, if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them. My older backup seems to work fine

Could you not top-post please, it makes it difficult to follow the thread, insert your reply in the previous post instead. Thanks.

I could go back to a backup but loose a lot of new work on the app Still hope to find a fix somewhere but this error is really strange not anything else ive seen so far been able to debug all errors i came across with google perhaps its a system disk error, i repaired disk and no errors in my project path so this is still a very very strange issue. hope to find a soiution, if anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them. My older backup seems to work fine

By confirming that the backup works then at least you have confirmed that it is related to the app and not the system. I can only suggest removing bits from the app till you get something that works and working back from there.

I know it doesn't help, but I think it is worth pointing out for the future the desirability of using a source control system such as git. Along with frequent commits (often several times a day) this means that one can always work backwards to find when a problem was introduced.

Colin

Colin Law wrote: [...]

I know it doesn't help, but I think it is worth pointing out for the future the desirability of using a source control system such as git.

Hell yeah. To the OP: you've just discovered why tests and version control are both indispensable. Do no more development without both.

Along with frequent commits (often several times a day)

Several times a *day*? I tend to commit several times an *hour* at times!

this means that one can always work backwards to find when a problem was introduced.

Yup. And git bisect is wonderful.

Colin

Best,

thanks for the comments so far, I only did a git commit on every deploy I now will do it after each few changes.. Removed some stuff from the app I added before the error occured still same error This is my full trace/error report

NoMethodError in Home#index Showing app/views/home/index.html.haml where line # raised: undefined method `show' for #<Haml::Precompiler::Line:0x1061c0fc8>

Extracted source (around line #):

RAILS_ROOT: /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/precompiler.rb:178:in `precompile' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/engine.rb:121:in `initialize' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/template/plugin.rb:29:in `new' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/template/plugin.rb:29:in `compile' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ template_handler.rb:11:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:19:in `compiled_source' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:68:in `compile!' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:61:in `compile' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:28:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_view_rendering.rb:94:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ template.rb:205:in `render_template' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/base.rb: 265:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_view_rendering.rb:61:in `render_without_haml' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/helpers/action_view_mods.rb:13:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/base.rb: 348:in `_render_with_layout' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/base.rb: 262:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_view_rendering.rb:61:in `render_without_haml' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/helpers/action_view_mods.rb:13:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:1250:in `render_for_file' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:936:in `render_without_benchmark' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:51:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/ 1.8/benchmark.rb:308:in `realtime' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:51:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_controller_rendering.rb:13:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:1326:in `default_render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:1332:in `perform_action_without_filters' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ filters.rb:617:in `call_filters' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ filters.rb:610:in `perform_action_without_benchmark' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:68:in `perform_action_without_rescue' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/ 1.8/benchmark.rb:308:in `realtime' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:68:in `perform_action_without_rescue' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ rescue.rb:160:in `perform_action_without_flash' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ flash.rb:151:in `perform_action_without_render_component' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ render_component/lib/components.rb:39:in `perform_action' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:532:in `send' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:532:in `process_without_filters' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ filters.rb:606:in `process' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:391:in `process' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:386:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ routing/route_set.rb:438:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:87:in `dispatch' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:121:in `_call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:130:in `build_middleware_stack' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:29:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:29:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/abstract/query_cache.rb:34:in `cache' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:9:in `cache' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:28:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:361:in `call' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ warden-0.10.7/lib/warden/manager.rb:35:in `call' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ warden-0.10.7/lib/warden/manager.rb:34:in `catch' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ warden-0.10.7/lib/warden/manager.rb:34:in `call' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/sass/plugin/rack.rb:41:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ string_coercion.rb:25:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/head.rb:9:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/methodoverride.rb: 24:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ params_parser.rb:15:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ session/cookie_store.rb:99:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ failsafe.rb:26:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/lock.rb:11:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/lock.rb:11:in `synchronize' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/lock.rb:11:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:114:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ reloader.rb:34:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:108:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/rails/rack/static.rb:31:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:47:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:41:in `each' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:41:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/rails/rack/log_tailer.rb: 17:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/content_length.rb: 13:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/chunked.rb:15:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/handler/mongrel.rb: 67:in `process' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:159:in `process_client' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:158:in `each' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:158:in `process_client' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `initialize' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `new' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:268:in `initialize' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:268:in `new' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:268:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/handler/mongrel.rb: 38:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/commands/server.rb:111 /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require' /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/script/server:3 -e:1:in `load' -e:1 Request Parameters: None

Show session dump Response Headers: {"Content-Type"=>"", "Cache-Control"=>"no-cache"}

Since there is no file / line number mention this is hopelessly frustrating to figure out any ideas on this still welcome thanks

NoMethodError in Home#index Showing app/views/home/index.html.haml where line # raised: undefined method `show' for #<Haml::Precompiler::Line:0x1061c0fc8>

Extracted source (around line #):

RAILS_ROOT: /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/precompiler.rb:178:in `precompile' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/engine.rb:121:in `initialize' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/template/plugin.rb:29:in `new' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/template/plugin.rb:29:in `compile' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ template_handler.rb:11:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:19:in `compiled_source' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:68:in `compile!' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:61:in `compile' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ renderable.rb:28:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_view_rendering.rb:94:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/ template.rb:205:in `render_template' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/base.rb: 265:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_view_rendering.rb:61:in `render_without_haml' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/helpers/action_view_mods.rb:13:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/base.rb: 348:in `_render_with_layout' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_view/base.rb: 262:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_view_rendering.rb:61:in `render_without_haml' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/haml/helpers/action_view_mods.rb:13:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:1250:in `render_for_file' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:936:in `render_without_benchmark' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:51:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/ 1.8/benchmark.rb:308:in `realtime' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:51:in `render_without_active_scaffold' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ active_scaffold/lib/extensions/action_controller_rendering.rb:13:in `render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:1326:in `default_render' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:1332:in `perform_action_without_filters' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ filters.rb:617:in `call_filters' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ filters.rb:610:in `perform_action_without_benchmark' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:68:in `perform_action_without_rescue' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/ 1.8/benchmark.rb:308:in `realtime' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/ core_ext/benchmark.rb:17:in `ms' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ benchmarking.rb:68:in `perform_action_without_rescue' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ rescue.rb:160:in `perform_action_without_flash' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ flash.rb:151:in `perform_action_without_render_component' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/plugins/ render_component/lib/components.rb:39:in `perform_action' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:532:in `send' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:532:in `process_without_filters' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ filters.rb:606:in `process' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:391:in `process' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ base.rb:386:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ routing/route_set.rb:438:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:87:in `dispatch' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:121:in `_call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:130:in `build_middleware_stack' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:29:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:29:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/abstract/query_cache.rb:34:in `cache' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:9:in `cache' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ query_cache.rb:28:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:361:in `call' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ warden-0.10.7/lib/warden/manager.rb:35:in `call' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ warden-0.10.7/lib/warden/manager.rb:34:in `catch' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ warden-0.10.7/lib/warden/manager.rb:34:in `call' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/vendor/gems/ haml-3.0.9/lib/sass/plugin/rack.rb:41:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ string_coercion.rb:25:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/head.rb:9:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/methodoverride.rb: 24:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ params_parser.rb:15:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ session/cookie_store.rb:99:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ failsafe.rb:26:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/lock.rb:11:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/lock.rb:11:in `synchronize' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/lock.rb:11:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:114:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ reloader.rb:34:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.8/lib/action_controller/ dispatcher.rb:108:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/rails/rack/static.rb:31:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:47:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:41:in `each' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/urlmap.rb:41:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/rails/rack/log_tailer.rb: 17:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/content_length.rb: 13:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/chunked.rb:15:in `call' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/handler/mongrel.rb: 67:in `process' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:159:in `process_client' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:158:in `each' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:158:in `process_client' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `initialize' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `new' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:285:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:268:in `initialize' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:268:in `new' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/lib/mongrel.rb:268:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/handler/mongrel.rb: 38:in `run' /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/commands/server.rb:111 /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require' /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require' /Users/local/Desktop/myapps/apache2/rubydocs/portal/script/server:3 -e:1:in `load' -e:1 Request Parameters: None

Show session dump Response Headers: {"Content-Type"=>"", "Cache-Control"=>"no-cache"}

is the full error report no line file number to look at and fix ;s so its a mystical location somewhere that results in the error

Have you updated any gems or plugins or vendored anything since it was working? It looks like the sort of error that might be caused by mismatched stuff.

Is anything working at all or is the whole thing broken? What happens if you add a new controller and view? Don't forget to commit regularly during this phase so you can work out (eventually) what you did to fix it and revert the bits you didn't need to do. Probably good to set up a branch to play about on.

Colin

I completly reinstalled my OSX today and yesterday since i had very slow performance I was hoping it would fix my problem also but still not working ! argh

i removed subdomain fu gem from my app which I added for the rest I only added some controllers and views which I have all moved to another direcotry outside the app Still the problem persist.. it seems I have to completly do my app over this is worst case scenario, I wonder if any thing like this happened to anyone here?

Perhaps some other suggestions ideas? Im going to remove more of the app code to see if it starts working again in a few mins cannot thing of anything else

It does complain that test_unit vendor is not installed I have no idea what this is or what is needing this why it needs to be installed I have nothing in my environment.rb stating anything like test_unit the gem is installed but it still ask for it to be installed ( I use rubymine that makes me attend on this ) Also rubymine was totally newly installed like the rest of the OSX, ruby on rails and gems

Im going to check my disk with diskwarrior although I removed all files from disk and reinstalled and copyed the app files back from time machine backup my finder hang 2 times on that directory so it might be some strange messed up file, I try diskwarrior and report back if this fixed the issue, files open fine though not sure if this could be sometehing that fixes it

I completly reinstalled my OSX today and yesterday since i had very slow performance I was hoping it would fix my problem also but still not working ! argh

i removed subdomain fu gem from my app which I added for the rest I only added some controllers and views which I have all moved to another direcotry outside the app Still the problem persist.. it seems I have to completly do my app over this is worst case scenario

You said previously that you commit to git at each deploy, so presumably you do not need to completely redo it, just go back to the previous version. Then you can presumably take large chunks of the code from your latest (non-working) version and add them in, updating and running your tests at each point.

Colin

Eventually this wat fixed It was an unpacked gem that I proclaimed correct, I should have removed it.. Fixed a week or 2 ago I thought to just followup in case in future someone has this problem remove your gems/vendor directory