Stopping Default REST support in Rails 2.0.2

Hi,

Currently i am in learning process and NOT much keen to go with Default REST support that comes along with Rails 2.0.2.

Neither I am too keen to make changes in ROUTING.

I am very happy with Controller/Action/ID

Can some one guide me How to do this. (1) I would like to stop default support for REST (2) I would not like to touch Routing and go with standard way (3) Is it possible to go with the way i want as mentioned above..

Don't use map.resources or any of the nifty helpers.

Fred

On one hand there is nothing forcing your to use REST. The standard routes will still work just fine in the current version of Rails.

On the other hand Rails has always been an opinionated framework. In fact that's part of what makes it work and the team makes no apologies for that. The opinion of Rails is that REST is a good thing, and will continue down that path for the foreseeable future. That means that new developments will expect that you are following RESTful principles. It means that using the scaffold generators are going to give you RESTful controllers and setup RESTful routes. It means that SOAP will take a back seat to REST for building web services into Rails applications.

If you decide to diverge from the opinion set forth by the Rails framework, you're going to have to work a little bit harder.