Stack level too deep when posting to Beast forums

Hey,

so I've finally got my Beast forum installed and everything seems to be working fine and dandy. The one issue I have is that I can't seem to make a post.

When I submit my post, I get a "stack level too deep" error. From what I can see its stuck in a loop of something like:

vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:945:in `valid_without_callbacks?' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/callbacks.rb:267:in `valid?' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/ association_proxy.rb:177:in `send' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/ association_proxy.rb:177:in `method_missing' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations.rb:1152:in `validate_associated_records_for_forum' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:165:in `send' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:165:in `evaluate_method' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:153:in `call' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:90:in `run' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:90:in `each' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:90:in `send' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:90:in `run' vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:264:in `run_callbacks' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/validations.rb:945:in `valid_without_callbacks?' vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/callbacks.rb:267:in `valid?'

etc etc

Any ideas guys? thanks in advance

Gearóid O'Ceallaigh wrote:

so I've finally got my Beast forum installed and everything seems to be working fine and dandy. The one issue I have is that I can't seem to make a post.

what version does gem search rails emit?

what is Beast's recommended version?

These kinds of questions should always show version info...

I'm using Rails 2.0.2 - does anyone know if Beast supports this?

The documentation on the Beast forum isn't very good, plus I can't seem to to sign up to the forums to ask for myself!

I'm using Rails 2.0.2 - does anyone know if Beast supports this?

The documentation on the Beast forum isn't very good, plus I can't seem to to sign up to the forums to ask for myself!

Actaully forget it, I unfroze rails and its started to work!