Sophisticated routes recognition (with regexp, for instance). Is there any way?

Hi!

Let's imagine we need to deal with such non-RESTful routes: /!some_value # note the '!' in the beginning /resource(value)

== The first obvious way to do it in Rails is:

map.first_example '/%21:value', :controller => .... map.second_example '/resource%28:value%29'

(%21 is '!', %28 and %29 are '(' and ')' respectively)

This won't work: ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/resource%28foo%29" with {:method=>:get}):

== Another approach is to use :requirements

map.first_example '/:value', :controller => 'first, :action => 'index', :requirements => { :value => /%21(\w+)/ }

but it will route to controller with: Parameters: {"value"=>"!foo"} and I will need to parse it again in the action!

second example is even more ugly: map.second_example ':value', :controller => 'second', :action => 'index', :requirements => { :predicate => /resource%28(.*)%29/ }

You see? I have to match this route entirely in :requirements and I still have: Parameters: {"value"=>"resource(foo)"} in controller and have to parse it again.

== Questions:

1) Is there any alternative router for Rails and can I replace native router with it?

2) Is there common way to do so:

ActionController::Routing::Routes.draw do |map|   ....... # regular routes   map.any_other_route ':query_string', :controller => 'additional_router', :action => 'parse_route' # this action can raise RoutingError if there is no matches even in 'sophisticated' routes map end